Ogun Man Arrested for Alleged Fake N2,600 Transfer to Food Vendor
Ogun Man Arrested for Alleged Fake N2,600 Transfer to Food Vendor
Ogun Man Arrested for Alleged Fake N2,600 Transfer to Food Vendor

Operatives of the Ogun State Police Command have arrested a 23-year-old man, Adeshola Muyiwa, over an alleged fake bank transfer scam in the Agbado area of Ifo Local Government Area.
The suspect was accused of using a fake transfer alert to pay for food items worth N2,600 purchased from a food vendor at Owolanwa Junction on Sunday morning.
Police officers attached to the Agbado Division reportedly arrested him around 11:45 a.m. following a swift investigation led by the Divisional Police Officer, Adesanya Oyekanmi.
Confirming the incident, the Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Oluseyi Babaseyi, said investigations revealed that the suspect had allegedly been involved in similar fraudulent activities across Agbado and neighbouring communities.
“The suspect visited a food vendor at Owolanwa Junction, Agbado, purchased food items worth ₦2,600 and fraudulently presented a fake transfer alert as proof of payment,” Babaseyi said.
He added that prompt action by officers led to the suspect’s arrest shortly after the report was made.
According to the police spokesperson, preliminary findings showed that the suspect allegedly operated a pattern of fake and scheduled transfer scams targeting unsuspecting residents and business owners in the area.
During interrogation, the suspect reportedly confessed to carrying out the fraudulent scheme for some time, with proceeds allegedly amounting to nearly N10 million.
“Preliminary investigation revealed that the suspect had been operating a consistent pattern of fake and scheduled transfer scams across Agbado and neighbouring areas,” the police spokesman added.
The Commissioner of Police in Ogun State, Bode Ojajuni, commended officers of the Agbado Division for their professionalism and vigilance in handling the case.
He also advised traders and business owners to always confirm payments through banking applications or account statements before releasing goods or services to customers.
Meanwhile, the suspect was arraigned in court on Monday on a two-count charge bordering on stealing and breach of public peace.
The court granted him bail in the sum of N20,000, while the matter was adjourned until May 25, 2026.